1:07 min| 263,226 views
Starting solids is an exciting – and messy – milestone for you and your baby. You don't need a lot of new gear, but getting a few baby-specific items can make the pureed peaches go down a little easier – and with less cleanup.
our site presents
What you'll need when your baby starts solids
- Save your floor with a good-size mat that's easy to clean
- Durability is key
- Your child might use this chair until age 2 or 3
- Choose ones that are durable and dishwasher-safe
- Some parents swear by bowls or placemats that suction to the highchair tray
- Soft-tipped spoons are gentle on your baby's gums
- Some babies like self-feeding spoons with wide or looped handles, though they treat them more as drumsticks than utensils
- Find one that's easy for your baby to hold and sip out of, and doesn't spill
Look for one that's:
- Easy to clean
- Fits baby snuggly
- Fits in your diaper bag
Video production by 845a.
advertisement | page continues below
Get the our site app
The #1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth.