1:12 min| 4,257,898 views
From yoga and Pilates to swimming and brisk walking, here are some of the best ways to stay active and fit during pregnancy.
Here are some of the best ways to stay fit and healthy during pregnancy:
- Let water support your muscles and joints with some swimming or water-aerobics classes.
- Yoga is a great way to beat stress and improve your flexibility
- Try brisk walking, jogging, or any other aerobic exercise that feels comfortable.
- Pilates can strengthen your core muscles and help with balance.
- Birth-ball exercises are great stretching and for using in labor.
- Look for prenatal-exercise classes. It’s a fun way to stay fit and meet other pregnant women. See if you can find a low-impact-aerobics class designed for pregnant women.
- Dance styles like ballet and Zumba are fun, but you’ll need to modify your moves as your belly grows.
- Cycling is great if you’re a confident biker, but an exercise bike may be safer, especially if you’re having balance problems.
- Gardening and housework are also great ways to stay active; just leave the heavy lifting to others.
- Even sex can help you burn off a few calories!